Fixing the error message “your pc ran into problem and need to restart”
The meaning of Your PC Ran Into a Problem and Needs to Restart Error
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart is a common Windows error that makes the computer to go into the blue screen of death. It merely informs the user that due to some issues the computer is no longer capable of working correctly. Typical reasons that trigger this message on screen are changes in registry or computer hardware, faulty driver installation.The following methods can help you fix the error.
Solution 1 – Boot Into Safe Mode
The first thing you should do is reboot Windows in safe mode. To enter Safe Mode, you need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R A window will appear type ms config and press enter another window appears,click on boot then click on safe boot then click on ok your computer will restart and enter into safe mode.Repeat the process and click on normal boot to return to normal.If that does not solve the problem you try the second step.
Solution 2 – Run the System File Checker (SFC)
In some cases, corrupted files can cause this and many other issues to occur, and in order to fix this problem, it’s advised that you perform both SFC and DISM scans. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin). If Command Prompt isn’t available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).
- When Command Prompt opens, run the sfc /scannow command.
- SFC scan will now start. This process will take about 15 minutes, so don’t interfere with it.
Once the scan is finished, check if the issue is still there. If the problem is still there, or if you couldn’t run SFC scan, it’s advised that you perform a DISM scan instead.
Solution 3 Perform a System Restore
If you’re getting Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart message on your PC, you might be able to fix the problem by performing a System Restore.
If you’re not familiar, this tool allows you to restore your PC to an earlier state and fix various problems. To perform a System Restore, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore.
Select Create a restore point from the list of results.
- System Properties
window will now open. Click the System Restore button.
- System Restore
will now start. Click the Next button.
- If it’s available, check Show more restore points
option. Now you just need to choose the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the steps to complete the restoration process.
Remove PC Errors
Run a PC Scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors causing security problems and slowdowns. After the scan is complete, the repair process will replace damaged files with fresh Windows files and components.
Solution 4 – Update Device Drivers
In some cases, Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart message can appear if your drivers are outdated. This can be a problem, and in order to fix it, you need to find and update the problematic drivers.
To do that, just visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your device.
However, we recommend updating and fixing drivers with the Driver booster 4 Free software for Windows. That supports hundreds of thousands of devices and drivers.
You can add the freeware version to Windows by downloading it. That utility will scan for and highlight outdated drivers when you launch it. Thereafter, you can press an Update All button on the program’s window to install the latest drivers.
Solution 5 – Check for Windows Updates
If you keep getting Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart message, the issue might be the missing updates. Microsoft is frequently releasing updates, and these updates are usually installed automatically. However, sometimes you might miss an update or two.
Even if you miss an update, you can always check for updates manually by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Click the Check for updates button in the right
Solution 6 – Select the Startup Repair Option
This is a fix if you can’t boot into the Windows login screen. When that happens, a Recovery screen usually opens from which you can select a Startup Repair option.
Alternatively, an OS recovery disc might have also come with your laptop or desktop. If it did, this is how you can fix the error with the recovery disc.
- Insert your OS recovery disc, switch on PC and then press any key to boot from the DVD.
- That will open Windows Setup from which you can press Next.
- Then select the Repair your computer option.
- Press the Troubleshoot > Advanced options buttons and select the Startup Repair option.
- Next, select the target operating system to fix.
- Windows will initiate the repair and then restart.
- When you follow all these steps,definitely the error will disappear
- Hope this write up is useful to you.
- Drop your comment.