HOW TO FIX THE COMPUTER ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 5 (0x5)
What is Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error?
The Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused. This is common error code format used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors.
This code is used by the vendor to identify the error caused. This Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error code has a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases the error may have more parameters in Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 format .This additional hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.
This Error also means that you wont have required privileges to install the application to that particular system drive. Right-click on the application(.exe) file and select Run as administrator installing the same. Do follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.
What causes Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error?
The Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error can also be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.
There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.
- Open the properties of the main User Profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc.). You can open the properties of a particular folder by Right-clicking on it and select Properties from context menu.
- Go to the Security tab and click Advanced. Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object” and then click Ok.
- This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Please let us know if it’s working
* Press Windows Key + R, type netplwiz
* Click and highlight the User profile, which you want to make administrator
* Click on Properties, then select the Group Membership tab
* Select the Administrator, Click apply/ok
How to easily fix Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 error?
There are two (2) ways to fix Command Failed Error_access_denied 5 0x5 Error:
Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click Next.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.