A digital license is (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10, Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn’t require you to enter a product key. Without one of these, you won’t be able to activate your device. Where to find your product key depends on how you got your copy of Windows.
Now, when this message show up, it’s either your license is really expired or it’s a problem that needs to be fixed. If you’re not sure if your copy is supposed to be valid or not, I would recommend that you contact microsoft support centre
But if you’re sure it’s a mistake, then it’s time to fix it. Follow the following steps one by one to get through it.
How to Fix Your Windows will expire soon in Windows 10 Step by Step:
Step 1: Just restart your computer
Before performing any fixes, it’s always better to make sure it’s not just a one-time issue. So, if you are facing this error for the first time, it’s good to give your computer a couple of restarts and see if the problem vanishes.
If you still encounter it after rebooting your computer, then it’s serious and you need to take some actions and that’s what we’re offering in the next steps.
Step 2: Uninstall and delete your product key
First of all, we are going to reset the licensing status of the machine and reboot the computer. If it won’t work we will take the slightly more drastic measure of uninstalling your Windows 10 product key and deleting it from your registry. That will allow us to reinstall it later from scratch which will solve the problem in most cases.
You will then need to be patient and let your computer take its time and you will then be able to accomplish the task. But we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
One final thought… Make sure you have a copy of your product key before uninstalling it.
It should be in an email from whoever sold or distributed Windows to you, or on the box the Windows DVD or USB came in. Shortly, in Step 3, we’re going to reinstall it.
Ready to go? Follow me:
- Type “cmd” in your start menu, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to give it permission.
- Type slmgr -rearm and hit Enter.
- Click Ok and restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed. If it’s not, keep following the steps.
- If resetting the licensing status didn’t work, go back to CMD (Admin) and type the following command and hit Enter: slmgr /upk
- A message saying “Uninstalled product key successfully”, click Ok to take the next steps.
- Still on the Command Prompt windows, type this command and then hit Enter: slmgr /cpky
- Now that we have cleared the product key from Registry, there must be no trace of it on your computer. Click Ok and Reboot your computer.
Use kmspico software to reactivate your windows and ms office application.
drop your comment.