Apache Guacamole,Functionalities And Benefits
Apache Guacamole is a clientless remote desktop gateway. It supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH. We call it clientless because no plugins or client software are required. Thanks to HTML5, once Guacamole is installed on a server, all you need to access your desktops is a web browser.
How does Apache guacamole work?
Guacamole is an HTML5 web application that provides access to desktop environments using remote desktop protocols (such as VNC or RDP). … Guacamole’s architecture has grown to encompass remote desktop in general, and can be used as a gateway for any number of computers.
Is Apache guacamole secure?
Apache Guacamole, a popular infrastructure for enabling remote working, is vulnerable to a slew of security bugs related to the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), researchers have warned. … Guacamole gateways essentially secure and handle connections from users coming from outside the corporate perimeter.
How do I install Apache guacamole?Here is the list of things It will do:
- Install Packages Dependencies.
- Download Guacamole and MySQL Connector packages.
- Install Guacamole Server.
- Install Guacamole Client.
- Install MySQL Connector.
- Configure MariaDB or MySQL.
- Setting Tomcat Server.
- Generates a Java KeyStore for SSL Support.
The chief benefits of Guacamole are:
- You can access your computers from anywhere – As long as you have access to a web browser, you have access to your machines.
- Keeps your desktop in the cloud – combine the convenience of Guacamole with the resilience and flexibility of cloud computing.