REASONS WHY YOU NEED MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK ON YOUR PC
NET Framework is a software development framework for building and running applications on Windows.
.NET Framework is part of the .NET platform, a collection of technologies for building apps for Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and more.
.Net is a developer platform made up of tools,programming languages and libraries for building many different types of applications.
There are various implementations of .NET. Each implementation allows .NET code to execute in different places—Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and many more.
- .NET Framework is the original implementation of .NET. It supports running websites, services, desktop apps, and more on Windows.
- .NET Core is a cross-platform implementation for running websites, services, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS. .NET
What is .NET Framework used for?
.NET Framework is used to create and run software applications. .NET apps can run on many operating systems, using different implementations of .NET. .NET Framework is used for running .NET apps on Windows.
Who uses .NET Framework?
Software developers and the users of their applications both use .NET Framework:
- Users of applications built with the .NET Framework need to have .NET Framework installed. In most cases, .NET Framework is already installed with Windows.
- Software developers use .NET Framework to build many different types of applications—websites, services, desktop apps, and more with Visual Studio. Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) that provides development productivity tools and debugging capabilities.
Why do I need .NET Framework?
You need .NET Framework installed in order to run applications on Windows that were created using .NET Framework. It is already included in many versions of Windows.
If you uninstall a . NET framework and then launch a program that happens to require the . NET you just uninstalled, you will most likely receive a Windows error message stating that some sort of . DLL file is missing and that the program can‘t launch.Oct 31, 2014
How does .NET Framework work?
.NET Framework applications are written in C#, F#, or Visual Basic and compiled to Common Intermediate Language (CIL). The Common Language Runtime (CLR) runs .NET applications on a given machine, converting the CIL to machine code.
What are the main components/features of .NET Framework?
The two major components of .NET Framework are the Common Language Runtime (CLR) and the .NET Framework Class Library. The CLR is the execution engine that handles running applications. The Class Library provides a set of APIs and types for common functionality. See Architecture of .net framework for more info.
Overview of the .NET Framework
The .NET framework helps you create mobile, desktop, and web applications that run on Windows PCs, devices and servers.
The .NET Framework is a technology that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services.
Features of .NET Framework
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- .NET Framework Class Library (FCL)
- Common Type System (CTS)
- Asynchronous Programming
- High Performance
- Memory Management
What is the difference between .NET Core and .NET Framework?
.NET Core and .NET Framework share many of the same components and you can share code across the two. Some key differences include:
- .NET Core is cross-platform and runs on Linux, macOS, and Windows. .NET Framework only runs on Windows.
- .NET Core is open-source and accepts contributions from the community. The .NET Framework source code is available, but does not take direct contributions.
- The majority of .NET innovation happens in .NET Core.
- .NET Framework is included in Windows and automatically updated machine-wide by Windows Update. .NET Core is shipped independently.
Drop your comment.