What is a pdf file?
Pdf means,Portable Document Format
Portable Document Format, standardized as ISO 32000, is a file format developed by Adobe in 1993 to present documents, including text formatting and images, in a manner independent of application software, hardware, and operating systems.
What does PDF mean and how do I save a file as a PDF?
Essentially, the format is used when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed. Today almost everyone has a version of Adobe Reader or other program on their computer that can read a PDF file.
Important: Once you have saved a document as a PDF file, you cannot convert it back to a Microsoft Office file format without specialized software or a third-party add-in.
What does PDF mean and how do I save a file as a PDF? – Ask NWTC
How To save a file in .pdf format:
- Open the document you want to save as a .pdf
- Click the File tab
- Click Save As (choosing Save As keeps your original version and allows you to save an additional copy in another file format.)
- In the File Name box, enter a name for the file if you haven’t already
- Click the drop down arrow in the Save as Type box and click PDF (*.pdf) – If you don’t see this as an option in the menu, make sure you have the free Adobe Reader software installed on your computer.
- If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box
- Click Options box for other available options
- Click Save
HOW TO MERGE MULTIPLE PDF FILES INTO ONE DOCUMENT
Merge multiple PDF documents, images & files | Adobe Acrobat DC
How to combine and merge your files into one PDF:
- Open Acrobat DC to combine files:Open the Tools tab and select “Combine files.”
- Add files: Click “Add Files” and select the files you want to include in your PDF. You can merge PDFs or a mix of PDF documents and other files.
- Arrange and delete content: Click, drag, and drop to reorder files or press “Delete” to remove any content you don’t want.
- Combine files: When you’re finished arranging, click “Combine Files”.
- Save as a PDF file: Name your file and click the “Save” button. That’s it.