WHAT IS JAVA?
Java is a high-level, class-based, object-oriented programming language that is designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible.
Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language designed for having lesser implementation dependencies. It is a computing platform for application development. Java is fast, secure, and reliable, therefore. It is widely used for developing Java applications in laptops, data centers, game consoles, scientific supercomputers, cell phones, etc.
What is Java Platform?
Java Platform is a collection of programs that help programmers to develop and run Java programming applications efficiently. It includes an execution engine, a compiler, and a set of libraries in it. It is a set of computer software and specifications. James Gosling developed the Java platform at Sun Microsystems, and the Oracle Corporation later acquired it.
Different Types of Java Platforms
There are four different types of Java programing language platforms:
1. Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE): Java SE’s API offers the Java programming language’s core functionality. It defines all the basis of type and object to high-level classes. It is used for networking, security, database access, graphical user interface (GUI) development, and XML parsing.
2. Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE): The Java EE platform offers an API and runtime environment for developing and running highly scalable, large-scale, multi-tiered, reliable, and secure network applications.
3. Java Programming Language Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME): The Java ME platform offers an API and a small-footprint virtual machine running Java programming language applications on small devices, like mobile phones.
4. Java FX: JavaFX is a platform for developing rich internet applications using a lightweight user-interface API. It user hardware-accelerated graphics and media engines that help Java take advantage of higher-performance clients and a modern look-and-feel and high-level APIs for connecting to networked data sources.
To understand Java programming language, we need to understand some basic concept of how a computer program can run a command and execute the action.
Here are some important Java features:
- It is one of the easy-to-use programming languages to learn.
- Write code once and run it on almost any computing platform.
- Java is platform-independent. Some programs developed in one machine can be executed in another machine.
- It is designed for building object-oriented applications.
- It is a multithreaded language with automatic memory management.
- It is created for the distributed environment of the Internet.
- Facilitates distributed computing as its network-centric.
WHAT IS VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY?
In computing, virtualization or virtualisation is the act of creating a virtual version of something, including virtual computer hardware platforms, storage devices, and computer network resources.
Types of Virtualization
Server virtualization enables multiple operating systems to run on a single physical server as highly efficient virtual machines. Key benefits include:
- Greater IT efficiencies
- Reduced operating costs
- Faster workload deployment
- Increased application performance
- Higher server availability
- Eliminated server sprawl and complexity
By completely reproducing a physical network, network virtualization allows applications to run on a virtual network as if they were running on a physical network — but with greater operational benefits and all the hardware independencies of virtualization. Network virtualization presents logical networking devices and services — logical ports, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPNs and more — to connected workloads.
Deploying desktops as a managed service enables IT organizations to respond faster to changing workplace needs and emerging opportunities. Virtualized desktops and applications can also be quickly and easily delivered to branch offices, outsourced and offshore employees, and mobile workers using iPad and Android tablets.
Virtualization vs. Cloud Computing
Although equally buzz-worthy technologies, virtualization and cloud computing are not interchangeable. Virtualization is software that makes computing environments independent of physical infrastructure, while cloud computing is a service that delivers shared computing resources (software and/or data) on demand via the Internet. As complementary solutions, organizations can begin by virtualizing their servers and then moving to cloud computing for even greater agility and self-service.
WHAT IS JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE?
A Java virtual machine is a virtual machine that enables a computer to run Java programs as well as programs written in other languages that are also compiled to Java bytecode. The JVM is detailed by a specification that formally describes what is required in a JVM implementation.
What is the role of JVM?
What is JVM used for?
The JVM has two primary functions: to allow Java programs to run on any device or operating system (known as the “Write once, run anywhere” principle), and to manage and optimize program memory. When Java was released in 1995, all computer programs were written to a specific operating system, and program memory was managed by the software developer. So the JVM was a revelation.
Advantages and Disadvantages of JVM
The primary advantage of Java JVM is code compatibility as it eases a programmer’s job to write code only once and run anywhere. Once the application is built it can be run on any device that has JVM. Apart from this it provides security. A program running in virtual machine is likely to suffer less from any malicious activity.
Speed and its platform specific features can be considered as the disadvantages of JVM. As a program needs to be translated from source code to byte code and then from byte code to executable code, the speed of execution of a program is decreased when compared to other high level languages. JVM should be free of errors as a Java program depends on JVM. Any failure of JVM leads to the failure of the program.
Drop your comment.