A password is a string of characters used for authenticating a user on a computer system. While usernames are generally public information, passwords are private to each user. … Most passwords are comprised of several characters, which can typically include letters, numbers, and most symbols, but not spaces.
The key aspects of a strong password are length (the longer the better); a mix of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols, no ties to your personal information, and no dictionary words.
Find your Wi-Fi network password in Windows
Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7
If you forgot your Wi-Fi network password, you can find it if you have another Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network. After you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- On a Windows PC that’s connected to your Wi-Fi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name.
- In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.
Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
Drop your comment